- > 4000 grams is the smallest baby that can be defined as macrosomic
- see A
- see B
- Although there is debate on the definition and some professionals believe >4500 grams should be the definition for macrosomia it is not the lowest accepted answer.
2. Vertex, Frank breech, Footling breech, Transverse, Complete breech
3. The answer is D
- Previous C-section is an indication for a repeat section although many women and obstetricians are successful with VBAC.
- Fetal distress can alone be an indication for a C-section
- Transverse presentation of the fetus may be an indication for C-section
- Preeclampsia may be an indication to deliver the fetus as soon as possible, but not necessarily by C-section.
4. The answer is A
- Cervidil or misoprostol can be used for cervical ripening
- Oxytocin is used to enhance uterine contractions
- Ancef is an antibiotic with no affect on the uterus
- Terbutaline is an tocolytic agent working to prevent uterine contractions
5. Bleeding and/or vaginal discharge
sex and contraception requirements
bowl and bladder function
breast vs bottle feed
Emotional well being
Fasting glucose if patient had gestational diabetes
If you are preparing for the PANRE/PANCE check back for weekly updates. Physician assistant review questions which are typically posted a few days after the weeks main article goes up. Bookmark this site or add it to your feed reader and never miss an update. You can also subscribe to our news letter by clicking here! Spend a few minutes a week with us and lower your anxiety.