- Suppurative is a non viral infection of the thyroiditis
- Hashimoto’s thyroiditis is an autoimmune issue
- Subacute thyroiditis is believed to be viral
- Riedel thyroiditis is a fibrous infiltration
2. The answer is C 33%
3. The answer is B. The symptoms described and an elevated TSH point toward hypothyroidism.
- Propranolol is a beta blocker used to treat thyroid storm or symptoms of hyperthyroid.
- Levothyroxine is a T4 replacement and the correct choice for a symptomatic postpartum thyroiditis
- Postpartum thyroiditis is typically self limiting though symptoms should be treated
- Propylthiouracil (PTU) is used to treat breast feeding women for hyperthyroidism.
- Thyrotoxicosis or thyroid storm is an extreme hyperactive thyroid condition
- Myxedema is the answer
- Levothyroxine is a synthetic T4 ( you should probably go back and review if you picked this)
5. The answer is B decreased sodium
If you are preparing for the panre/pance check back for weekly updates. Physician assistant review questions which are typically posted a few days after the weeks main article goes up. bookmark this site or add it to your feed reader and never miss an update. You can also subscribe to our news letter by clicking here! Spend a few minutes a week with us and never have to cram again.