1. Which thyroiditis is due to a bacterial infection?
- Suppurative thyroiditis
- Hashimoto’s thyroiditis
- Subacute thyroiditis
- Reidel thyroiditis
2. What % of patients with Hashimoto’s thyroiditis will have sjogrens symptoms as well?
3. The new mother presents to your office with depression, brittle hair and edema. Being a clinical fox you don’t just blow these off to being a new mother and you do a thyroid panel. It comes back with an elevated TSH. The most appropriate treatment at this point would be…
- watchful waiting
4. Which condition is a severe hypothyroid state?
5. You believe a patient presenting to you has relatively severe hypothyroidism. You send off a thyroid panel as well as a CBC and a BMP. Since you are an excellent physician assistant, what abnormality do you expect to find on the BMP?
- elevated sodium
- decreased sodium
- elevated potassium
- decreased postassium