These questions are designed to be a brief active review of the previous article. If for some reason something doesn’t make sense or you want to go back and check something here is a link to the article on hyperparathyroid and here is link to hypoparathyroid.
1. Moans, groans, stones and bones refers to which condition?
2. A twitch of the muscles around the lips when tapping the facial nerve is called Chvostek’s sign. It indicates what condition?
- elevated Calcium
- low calcium
- elevated phosphorus
- low Mg
3. What is the most common cause of Hypoparathyroidism?
- Riedel’s thyroiditis
4. The first line of treatment for a patient with an extremely high Calcium secondary to hyperparathyroidism is…
- IV fluid
5. The release of PTH from the parathyroid has what effect on serum calcium?
- PTH increases serum calcium
- PTH decreases serum calcium